Make Kate’s favourite holiday dish – Linguine with Crab, Chilli, Lemon, Hawthorn and Rocket, as featured on Escape to the Farm.
- 250g dried linguine
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ – 1 long red chilli, finely chopped, to taste
- 150g fresh crabmeat, picked – either just white crabmeat, or a mixture of brown and white
- zest of 1 lemon, plus a squeeze of juice to taste
- 1 small handful hawthorn leaves, roughly chopped (replace with parsley if unavailable)
- 2 handfuls rocket
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put a large saucepan of salted water on to boil and cook the linguine according to the packet instructions.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, mix together the garlic, chilli, crabmeat and lemon zest with a little olive oil in a large bowl, big enough to take all the pasta.
- Using tongs, remove the cooked pasta from the water and put straight into the large bowl with the crabmeat. Stir everything together really well as you are adding the pasta to coat the pasta in the oily crab mixture. If necessary add a couple of spoonfuls of pasta water and stir well until the pasta is coated in a silky sauce.
- Add a good bit of seasoning. Mix well, taste and adjust if needed – it might benefit from a squeeze of lemon. Stir in the hawthorn leaves and rocket and serve.
Back to Escape to the Farm