Make the delicious energy bars from Escape to the Farm, perfect to keep you going on a long day.
Makes about 12 small bars
- 120g oats
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 40g soft brown sugar
- ½ chopped apple
- 5 chopped medjool dates
- 60g raisins or sultanas
- 20g dried cranberries
- 35g melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ gas 4
- Put half the oats and all of the other ingredient, except for the coconut oil and flaked almonds into the food processor – pulse until it forms lumps.
- Add the remaining oats and the coconut oil and pulse again to just mix them in.
- Put into a lined 1lb loaf tin and press down well, compacting it as much as possible.
- Sprinkle the almonds on top and press until they stick
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tin
- Cover with baking parchment and weight it down (a second tin with a bag of sugar in it is perfect)
- Once cool, place in the fridge overnight.
- Cut into slices, then fingers. Either wrap individually, or layer in a container with baking paper between layers.
- These are great to have in the freezer, as they defrost very quickly in your pocket, or they last about 5 days fresh.
Order a copy of Home Cooked
Back to Escape to the Farm