The term ‘Humble By Nature’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘Kate’s Farm LLP’ or ‘Kate’s Farm’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Upper Meend Farm, Lydart, NP25 4RP. Our company registration number is OC369128, registered at Companies House UK. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Humble by Nature courses and events:
Bookings are subject to the following cancellation and refund policy:
Payment in full must be received before the commencement of the course/event.
In the event that you cancel your attendance, the following terms apply:
- Seven days or less before the event – no refund or transfer.
- More than seven days but less than six weeks – we will try & sell your space/s. If the space is sold we will issue vouchers or arrange a transfer to another course/event of the same value. An administration fee of £15 will be charged for full day courses. Half-day courses are subject to an administration fee of £10.
- More than six weeks but less than 16 weeks – we will issue vouchers or transfer you to another course/event of the same value. An administration fee of £15 will be charged on each course space.
- More than 16 weeks – you may transfer your course/event to another of the same value, at no additional cost.
- Friends or family are able to attend in your place. You need to provide us with 24 hr notification of the change, along with the name/s, contact number & email, dietary requirements.
- In the event of illness preventing attendance – we will require documentary evidence in order to apply the cancellation policy with discretion.
- All requests to change course bookings must be confirmed via email.
- If Humble by Nature cancel your course then you will be offered a transfer to an alternate course date, vouchers to the value of your booking or a refund.
- Seven days or less before the event – full refund or transfer.
- Less than seven days before the event – we will try & sell your space/s. If the space is sold we will issue vouchers or arrange a refund. An administration fee of £5 will be charged.
- Gift vouchers and courses or events purchased as gifts carry the same cancellation policy as courses (see above).
- Gift vouchers: must be redeemed a maximum of one calendar year from the date of purchase, after which they become invalid.
- Vouchers can only be used to purchase Humble by Nature goods and/or services via the website to the maximum of the published value only and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Vouchers can be partially redeemed across multiple purchases only within the valid period. No change will be given for partially used vouchers at the end of the valid period.
- If a purchase or purchases exceed the value of a voucher, all additional charges must be payable in advance before goods or services become the property of the purchaser.
stay on the farm course discount
- If you are staying on the farm you will receive a 10% discount on course fees for any courses you attend during your stay.
- The discount only applies to courses attended during your stay, it cannot be extended to courses that take place at any other time.
- Humble by Nature is entitled to cancel any course/event at any time, subject to the repayment of any monies received from you related to the event.
- Any deposits received to secure a course/event are non-refundable and subject to the refund and cancellation terms above.
- Only one special offer/discount can be used for each booking.
- Offers/discounts are non-transferable
communications, photography & media
- By purchasing course, events and accommodation on this website, you agree to your data being used by Humble by Nature for future communications about the course, event or accommodation. We will not pass your data to any third parties.
- By ‘registering your interest’ in a course or event you agree to your data being used by Humble by Nature to inform you about a specified course or event. We will not pass your data to any third parties.
- You can opt out of future communications by emailing email@example.com and writing ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject box and providing your name and email address in the body of the email.
- By taking part in a course or event you agree to having your photograph taken and being used on Humble by Nature media channels, including at www.humblebynature.com, www.katehumble.com, across social media channels and print marketing and email campaigns. Occasionally images may be selected for use by third parties for PR and marketing purposes.
- You can remove consent for your image to be used by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and writing ‘removal of photography consent’ in the subject box. You will need to include the name of the course or event you attended and the date of the course or event.
Humble by nature accommodation
- Reservations for accommodation are accepted by Kate’s Farm LLP (trading as Humble by Nature).
- The Agreement: The conditions of rental are between the guest (you) and Kate’s Farm LLP (the owner / we / us). The contract is deemed to have been made once the guest has paid a deposit and the owner has dispatched a confirmation of booking. The guest must be over 18 years at the time of booking.
- Booking: The Guest who makes the booking is deemed to have agreed to these Terms and Conditions will be responsible for all persons included in the booking and should ensure that they are all aware of these Terms & Conditions. The Owner reserves the right to decline any booking or refuse to hand over a key to any person who has not complied with these Terms & Conditions.
- Payment: For bookings made more than 6 weeks before arrival, a deposit (part payment) of 25% of the total cost of the holiday, is required. The balance is due 6 weeks before the holiday commences. For bookings made less than 6 weeks before arrival, the total amount is payable in full on booking.
- The Guest agrees to pay the balance of the payment SIX (6) weeks before the holiday is due to start. Email reminders are sent, but delivery cannot be guaranteed. Where a guest fails to pay their balance by the due date the booking may be cancelled and the deposit retained.
- Cleaning: Guests are responsible for leaving the accommodation in good order and in a clean condition; otherwise a cleaning charge will be levied. Please note that the convention for UK Holiday cottages differs from hotels and other countries in that guests are expected to leave the property in a similar state to which they find it (reasonable cleaning excepted). Please abide by this convention so we can continue to provide good value for guests.
- Number of People using Holiday Accommodation: The owners permit the Guest and members of the guest’s party (but no one else) to occupy the property for holiday purposes only. The Guest must declare the correct number of additional guests during booking and, if this changes, must inform the Agent before the rental commences of any change. No more than the maximum number of persons stated on the website may occupy a property unless by prior written agreement with the Agent or Owner. Extra charges may be applicable if the number of guests differs from the number on the booking.
- Arrival/Departure: The properties are available for occupation from 4.00 pm on the first day of the holiday and must be vacated by 10.00 am on the last day.
- Cancellation or Changes by the Guest: Once the holiday is booked the guest has entered into a legally binding contract. If the guest cancels, for whatever reason (including medical and weather related) then no refund of the deposit will be due, and within 6 weeks of your holiday no refund of the full balance is due. A holiday cancellation protection plan should be taken out to cover forced cancellations.
- Cancellations must be notified in writing (including by email) to us immediately. We will endeavor to re-let the property and if successful may at our discretion allow the guest to transfer to alternate dates and/or accommodation for a £20 administration fee plus any other expenses incurred in re-letting. The expenses incurred in re-letting will be at our discretion.
- Once a booking has been accepted by the Agent/Owner, it can only be changed to another property by treating the original booking as a cancellation. Holiday dates may be changed providing the property is available for the new dates and the owner is agreeable to the change. A £20 re-booking charge will be payable.
- Cancellation Insurance: We recommend and expect that the guest will have or will take out a holiday insurance policy (which includes cancellation insurance covering sickness and unavoidable reasons for cancellation) prior to their stay.
- Dogs: The guest may only bring such dogs as are booked in by the guest at the time of booking. A charge will be made for your dog/s. Dogs are only accepted in The Piggery. Dogs must be well-behaved and should not be left unattended in the property. Dogs are not permitted upstairs in The Piggery or on any furniture in the property. No garden is guaranteed as secure for dogs even if described as private or enclosed. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times while walking around the farm. The farm has several working dogs and, at times, they will be loose around the farm yard.
- Other Conditions: The supervision of children, babies, dogs and any adults requiring care remains the responsibility of the guest at all times. It is forbidden to enter any barns marked no entry or to enter any fields without the express permission of the farmers or a member of the Humble by Nature team. Humble by Nature is a working farm and care must be paid to heavy machinery and farm vehicles. It is forbidden to climb on or enter any farm machinery or vehicles.
- Guests agree to inform owners of any damage or loss however caused, excluding reasonable wear and tear incurred during occupation. Guests should not remove any item from the property. The owner may ask for reasonable replacement costs.
- Guests should not cause nuisance or annoyance to occupants of nearby property.
- Guests should put all furniture etc back to where it was at the beginning of the rental period.
- Guests should not leave any items at the property and, if left, the owner has the right to charge for the removal, return or disposal of those items.
- Guests should allow reasonable access to the property by the agent/owner for maintenance given reasonable notice.
- If, in the opinion of the agent/owner, any person is not suitable to continue their occupation of the property because of unreasonable behaviour, damage or nuisance to other parties, the contract may be treated by the agent/owner as discharged and the agent/owner may repossess the property immediately. The guest will remain liable for the whole cost of rental and no refund shall be due.
- Access: Guests must allow reasonable access to the property by the agent/owner for maintenance given reasonable notice.
- Security Deposit: The agent/owner reserves the right to charge the Guest a security deposit payable to The Cottage Company.
- Wildlife: Our accommodation is on a working farm in a beautiful rural area. Please therefore expect to meet some wildlife, including the odd spider, mouse, bird, fly, bee, wasp or other creature, which may make their way into a property unbeknownst to the owner. Spiders in particular are not considered to be a pest and consume up to 2000 other insects per year. If this is likely to be a problem, it would be best not to book. (If any of these creatures are encountered, do not panic, but contact the owner in a calm and reasonable way – but only if the creatures become a serious menace. Otherwise, just open a window or a door and let them out, as this is usually what they prefer.) Owners reserve the right to take no action if they do not consider the existence of the wild life to be a serious threat to health.
- Complaints: we inspect the standard of facilities in all properties on a regular basis, occasionally we may not have all the items mentioned on the website.
- We cannot be held responsible for any perceived inadequacies in any of the properties that are not as such faults. Property descriptions and all details both written and verbal are given in good faith and believed to be correct, but interpretation thereof can be subjective and as such their accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Property details may vary over time from photographs and descriptions on the website.
- Complaints Procedure: Any dispute arising out of the booking will be between the guest and the owner. No complaints can be considered unless notified during the guest’s stay in the property. It is the duty of guests to minimise any loss to them and therefore it is your responsibility to inform us at the earliest possible opportunity of any problem. Complaints received after departure cannot be accepted as we have no opportunity to resolve the complaint at the time.
- Liability: The owner cannot accept responsibility for any material loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of the property, its plumbing, gas, electrical services or exceptional weather.
- No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage of property, (including pets), vehicles or vehicle contents belonging to the guest or any member of the party during their occupancy.
- The maximum liability accepted by the owner will be the total cost of the holiday as paid by the guest to the owner. No other expenses such as travelling costs or alternative accommodation will be accepted.
- Cancellation by Owners: The owner reserves the right to refuse any booking and to cancel any bookings already made if the property is unavailable (eg through fire, flood, etc) for any reason whatsoever, subject to a full refund of all monies paid (but no further liability). Neither the agent nor the owner shall be under any other liability if such cancellation occurs.
- No Smoking: We have a No Smoking policy within properties and around the farm.
- Force Majeure: The owner cannot accept responsibility or liability for any alterations, delay or cancellation or any other loss or damage caused by war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, epidemics, acts of any government or public authority, or any other event outside our control.
- Waiver: The failure of the owner to enforce or exercise, at any time or for any period of time, any term of, or any right pursuant to this agreement does not constitute and shall not be construed as a waiver of such term or right.
- Miscellaneous: The guest agrees that the contract with the owner is made at the owner’s premises and that any proceedings between the parties shall be conducted in the County Court nearest to the owner.
competition terms & conditions for ‘win a cosy christmas’
- This is a giveaway promotion for: A signed copy of Thinking on My Feet, Humble Bath Honey and hand cream, A limited edition Weaver Green Christmas stocking, A limited edition snuggly diamond blanket in Padstow blue, 1 x 75cl bottle of Heron Valley Sweet Apple Juice, 1 x 500ml bottle of Heron Valley Sparkling Cider, 1 x Pack of Heron Valley Organic Mulling Spices
- Entrants must be over the age of 18.
- To enter, please reply to the giveaway facebook post on Humble by Nature’s facebook page www.facebook.com/humblebynature by liking, sharing and tagging a friend you would like to share some Christmas cheer with.
- The winner will be selected at random from the entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions by a random number generator.
- The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter.
- The givewaway promotion opens at 10am BST on 5/12/18 and closes at 11:59 pm BST on 13/12/18. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
- The winner’s name will be published on Facebook tagging their name only on 14/12/18.
- The giveaway is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over except employees of Humble by Nature, Weaver Green, Heron Valley, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families.
- Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
- We are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
- We reserve the right to alter the prizes or cancel the prize draw without notice but will try to avoid creating any undue disappointment. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided. If a Winner is unable to accept their prize or cannot be contacted, we reserve the right to select another winner.
- We will make available the name and county of the winner to anyone who requests this information by writing to us at the address shown below.
- We are the data controller of Personal Data that is collected in the course of running the giveaway and will use the Personal Data in accordance with our privacy notice. We will use such Personal Data for the purposes of running the giveaway and delivering any prize(s) and will delete it after a reasonable period from the end of the giveaway. “Personal Data” means names of entrants and other details provided by them (e.g. email addresses, telephone numbers) for the giveaway. We will share the winner’s personal data with Weaver Green in order to fulfil and deliver the prize. We will not share any other Personal Data connected to this competition with third parties.
- By entering the giveaway promotion entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This competition is being organised by Kate’s Farm LLP trading as Humble by Nature (“we” or “us”).
- These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
18th September 2018
If you cannot find the answer or information that you are looking for, please email us at email@example.com.